Well, it’s been a couple weeks since my last post. On the 14th we had a group come and sing at my church so we only did 2 songs and I had a crazy week and honestly didn’t have time to write anything. I had one of those weeks where nothing really went as planned. I was really scatter brained and absent minded, which isn’t typical.
The craziest thing that happened during this week was last Tuesday when I told my wife I would make supper since she had a couple of errands to run. She gave me the recipe of what to make and I went over it and it looked really easy (I’m not a cook at all). We use the app called emeals to plan out our meals each month. On the app it tells you the steps and what ingredients to put in next. However, it doesn’t tell you how much of each ingredient to put in. You have to open up another screen to get that info. Well, long story short I ended up putting 1.25 cups of worcestershire sauce into the meal when it only called for maybe 1.25 tablespoons. I read the directions wrong, it called 1.25 cups of water but on the directions it said, “add 1.25 cups of water, worcestershire sauce”. What was I supposed to think??? Needless to say I took one bite and couldn’t even taste anything but worcestershire sauce. Thank goodness for Subway. And that is how my week started and it just snowballed from there. I will spare you those details though. I figured you could use a good laugh at my expense with the above story. So your welcome.
Moral of the story: there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. But anyways, on to my lyric slides for this past week. Let me know if you see anything I should change! I read a great article on thecreativepastor.com on how you can some easy changes you can make to your slides to make them even better. I was happy to see after reading this article that I already do most of the things he recommends. Check it out, it’s a great read.
Backgrounds from: CMG February Mega Pack
Font used: Lemon/Milk
- Jesus Son Of God – Used glow tech spaceship background. This song starts out slow in the verses and picks up a little in the chorus and bridge. This background isn’t too fast or too slow, a great fit for a song that has slower and faster parts. I always try to stay at 2 lines, 3 at the most per slide. Got a little to close to the edges on a couple slides. Sometimes I would rather do that than make the font smaller, don’t want any complaints that the words were too small and couldn’t be read. Increased font size during the chorus for “Jesus/Son of God.”
2. Overcome – Love this song by Jeremy Camp. Beautiful lyrics. First time doing lyrics slides for this song so I had to listen to it a few times to figure out where to break the slides. Used the glow tech bold background. Feel pretty good about how it worked out. Still might have gotten to close to the edges on some slides. Increased font size for “you overcame”, “is your name”, “every victory is your” as I felt these phrases deserved more emphasis.
3. How Great Thou Art (Paul Baloche version) – One of if not the greatest songs ever written. I could sing this song every week and never get tired of it. This version of the song is played a little faster than the original version I believe. Used the glow tech star background. Easy to break up slides since each verse/chours has 4 lines, so 2 lines per slide. Instead of breaking “how great thou art” into two slides I just increased the size of the second the line for emphasis.
4. Alive – Had to put these slide lyrics together pretty quick. Which you can probably tell. Had a hard time figuring out where to break the slides. Used the glow tech blaze background. Emphasized “only you”, “alive”, and “risen Lord” by increasing font size. The lines in the verses were just long and so figuring out where to break them up was challenging because I didn’t want it to be in the middle of a phrase.
4. Jesus Saves – Another Jeremy Camp song. Finally got to use the glow tech triangle background. Been waiting for a song to use it with. This song worked out perfectly because it’s a fast song and this background moves fast. The only phrase I emphasized was obviously “Jesus Saves”.
5. Healer – This was our invitation song. Used the glow tech rain background. Beautiful subtle background that fit perfectly with this slower song. Emphasized the phrases “I believe”, “I trust in you” and “Jesus”. Verses had 6 lines each so it worked out doing 2 per slide.
These next 2 pictures are sermon graphics I created for the past 2 Sundays. Let me know what you think! The last one is a new logo for our women’s ministry that I was asked to make.
Thanks for reading. I always want to know how to be better at what I do. Let me know what you like and what can be improved.
Galatians 6:2 – “Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”
Thankful I am a part of a church that does this. Thankful for my close group of friends and my awesome family. We all carry each other’s burdens. It’s great to know that you have friends and family that lift you up in prayer on a daily basis.
Hope everyone has a great week!